Many times on our journey through life we may have some hiccups along the way with our health, due to common ailments that may occur. These ailments can cause discomfort and seem overwhelming because they occur at the most inconvenient time. So finding simple ways to cure basic ailments can allow us to breathe a sigh of relief. Home remedies allow you to use things that you have around the house or that are easily accessible. People turn to home remedies for many reasons from lack of money to the inability to seek medical assistance due to transportation, time, or other issues.
So today I will be sharing a few home remedies that can be helpful to you. They have certainly been a great help for me and that’s why I have chosen to pass them on to you. So feel free to share it with others.
Please do not take this as an alternative to medical treatment. These home remedies are for practical use when the sickness is not really complex and doesn’t involve putting your health in jeopardy.
– Honey is a great component added in tea or warm water with lemon. It soothes the throat reducing irritation which causes uncontrollable hacking.
– Pineapple is another great food for coughs. It contains an enzyme called bromelain which can help suppress coughing and loosen phlegm. Multiple doses throughout the day are required for effectiveness. Three times a day eat a slice of pineapple or drink a cup of fresh pineapple juice.
– Olive Oil works with the digestive system and lines the walls of your intestines, which makes moving your bowels easier. Take 1 tsp of Olive oil on an empty stomach
– Epsom Salt is another great alternative. It is made up of Magnesium Sulfate which pulls water from surroundings making bowel movement easier. Take 2 tsp with 1 cup of room temperature water.
Bumps and Bruises
– A frozen bag of veggies or meat can reduce the blood flow to the area lessening the bump or bruising. Hold the frozen bag on the skin for up to 10 minutes.
– Essential Oils is another useful treatment for bruising. Tea tree oil added to a carrier oil like coconut or olive oil can ease the pain and promote healing to bruising. Best practice for essential oil usage: 1 drop of essential oil to 1 tbsp of carrier oil (coconut or olive oil). Tea tree oil is strong so start off with 1-2 drops and see how it feels. If too low then increase along with carrier oil. Massage on the area every few hours for the best results.
Foot Odor Cures
– Create a foot soak with 1 part apple cider vinegar or Epson Salt and 2 parts water. Then soak feet in this solution. It neutralizes odors and kills the bacteria which causes the odor.
– Drink hot tea: chamomile, cinnamon, fennel, dandelion, red raspberry. This will help by raising your body temperature while easing the pain of cramps.
– A heating pad is also a big help for relieving the pain of cramps. Place the warm pad on your abdomen which will relax the uterine muscles and others around it and ease the discomfort of cramps.
Hope some of these suggestions can be helpful in your daily journey to fighting sickness and pain.
For other ideas on healthy home remedies check out this article from WebMD.
Until next time stay healthy and focused on living your best life.